One of the saddest things about transitioning from summer to fall is the loss of the flirty, lightweight dresses. Wearing summer dresses in fall might sound a bit strange. To make dresses appropriate for winter, you have to have some fashion basics: boots, tights, cardigans, leggings, thick socks, and scarves. Add some cute cold-weather accessories, such as a scarf and a hat, and complete the look with a stylish pair of footwear. You should wear your dresses in the winter. They have the potential to look really adorable and stylish! Rock your finished fall-weather look with confidence! Here are some style tips on how to wear dresses in the winter.
how to wear dresses in the fall: This is a look that suits younger women well, although it can also work for older women. Leggings are a good way of extending your summer dresses into the fall season. If you´re going to wear one with leggings make sure that the two pieces work well together. The trick is to pick the right dress.
For Full-On Fall
how to wear dresses in the fall: Layer your favorite jacket over your dress and add closed-toe shoes. Throw in a scarf, and you’ll be set for temps ranging down to the 50s. If that still leaves you a little chilly, you can add a hoodie underneath your jacket and opt for booties instead of ballet flats.
Layer them under a sweater
how to wear dresses in the fall: This is the easy way to turn your summer dresses into fall essentials. You can opt for a cropped sweater that hits at your waist, which is a good option for fuller skirts. You can put on a slightly larger sweater so that only a small section of the dress peeks out at the bottom. And also you can go classic and wear a summery dress underneath a cardigan.
Add a knit hat
how to wear dresses in the fall: Pretty knit hats are both cute and functional. Pair that with more casual. T-shirt dress with a pink bomber jacket, then adds a white beanie and white sneakers. Brimmed felt hats also add some stylishness to the outfit, particularly when paired with dressier outfits.
For the Polar Vortex
how to wear dresses in the fall: It may not feel like it now. You can still stay besties with that summer dress. Throw on a pair of tights. If you’re craving some serious wintry weather, just throw your puffer jacket on top, swap in some all-weather boots.
Keep your jacket draped at all times
how to wear dresses in the fall: If you’re having a busy and cold day, you can warm up quickly and stay that way. A jacket would be a fall wardrobe essential, but the idea of wearing one when you’re overheated isn’t that savory.
how to wear dresses in the fall: Pick a bomber jacket or denim jacket to layer over a dress if you want to keep things casual. You could pair a summer dress with a dark-wash denim jacket and a pair of tights for a casual but put-together outfit. Try wearing a taupe slip dress with a simple white T-shirt under an olive green bomber jacket for an effortlessly cool look.
There are some style tips on how to wear dresses in the winter:
- Layer socks over knit tights and add lots of texture with a lace blazer.
- Cinch your waist in by adding a belt over your cardigan.
- Wear a sweater over your dress to make it look like a skirt, then add high boots and knee socks.
- Wear your dress over a chambray shirt and add tights, ankle boots, and a puffy vest.
- Adding a fur vest will keep you a little extra warmth. Put it over another layer for added warmth.
- If you don’t want to wear tights, wear thigh-high socks under your high boots. It looks cute and will keep you warm.
- A super basic and easy way to wear your sundress in the winter is to add a long cardigan, a chunky knit scarf, tights, and ankle boots.
- Add as many layers as possible: a chic hat, a jean jacket, a cardigan, a coat, a scarf, and high socks. Cozy!
- Patterned tights look so pretty with a dress and a cardigan. Add heels to look more dressed up.
- Add a long cardigan, chunky knit scarf, tights, and combat boots. You can even add cute knit socks for added warmth.