How to decorate a bedroom?
Do you know that we spend around one third of our lives in bed? So it is very important that our bedroom should be as beautiful – and practical – as possible.
Maybe you look out for fabulous bedroom ideas; maybe you are tired of coming home to a nondescript bedroom or maybe you had the same style for years and want to give your room a new look. Here are some great ways to give your bedroom a new look without spending too much money.
1. Decide how much money and time you want to spend.
You know if you have a lot of money, you can decorate your room to your heart’s content but if you don’t have a lot of money, you might have to cut some corners. For example:
- Instead of buying new furniture, you could repaint or refinish your old furniture.
- Instead of repainting your walls, you could apply vinyl wall decals. This is a popular choice for youth, and for those who cannot paint the walls. also great for those who don’t have a lot of time.
2. Decide on a style.
Decide what furniture to get, and what sorts of colors and patterns to use for things such as bed linens, walls, pillows and rugs, Start by thinking of a place you really like, like a hotel certain restaurant or coffee shop. Then you can use that place’s style for inspiration. For example you can find inspiration by:
- Visiting some furniture stores and taking note of displays that you like.
- Going through home decorating catalogs.
- Browsing image-saving websites.
3. You have to like your style several years from now.
Sometimes you want to stay in your house for a while and also you are uninterested in redecorating often. Will you still like the style you have now? Of course you can make little changes. For example you can choose a style with a neutral color scheme and versatile furniture that can be reused later on. Also you can easily change lights and wall decorations.
- Be careful of over-committing to a theme. It is one thing to have your sheet set have a theme of horses. But if your bed, curtains, lamps, artwork, carpet, throw-pillows and more have horses that could be a bit too much.
- If you are a teen, you are likely to change interests fairly quickly. What were your passions at 14 may be different at 18.
4.Get rid of unnecessary clutter.
Do you have a theme already in your room, or a mishmash of different themes? Consider getting rid of some items that no longer suit your taste or style or you no longer use. You can donate them to a charity center or sell these items online.
You can always revamp your bedroom to match your new style. Don’t get rid of everything just because you’re redesigning your room. You still want your room to be functional
Decorating the windows and walls
- Putting up some wallpaper or Painting the walls a new color can give the room a completely new look. I you have a small room and you want to make your room look bigger; consider painting your walls one color, and leaving the ceiling white.
- Hang up some photos, artwork or posters. If you can’t repaint your room, it’s useful for you to make changes in your bedroom.
- Hang some lights; Decorative lights come in all different shapes and sizes. If your room has darker-colored walls, choose lights with a clear wire. If your room has white or light-colored walls, choose lights with a white or clear wire.
- Adjustable lamps and nightstands can be affixed to walls and are a great way to save space. Don’t put anything heavy on shelves above your bed in case something happens and one of them falls.
- Choose a contrasting color for the designs and a base color for the background. Paint the background color first, let it dry, and then applies the designs with more paint and stencils.